Description of Harel’s Headshot Above:
Closeup picture of Web Accessibility Consultant Harel Chait smiling.
My name is Harel Chait, I have been consulting in the web accessibility field for people with disabilities for 10 years now. I was participating in the Israeli standard drafting team of web accessibility regulation and was promoting the field in formal way by ISOC-Il. I have been consulting to make desktop and mobile accessible by WCAG for PR companies, corporate, government offices, universities, health services and many more. Moreover, I am a PhD candidate in Business Administration and Information Systems and my work is about "Web accessibility implementation and corporate social responsibility policy". My M.A. thesis was discussed the field of web accessibility for people with disabilities too and was presented in Oxford Internet Institute conference and others.
Why is disability inclusion important in the web accessibility industry?
The accessible web gives to people with disabilities the opportunity to be included in the society like everybody else.
Previous Projects, Featured Articles and Other Work:
- Teva Neurology Bites – Neurology Advisor (an English website)
- Israeli Diamond Institute (an English website)
- Teperberg – Israeli Wine factory (there is an English Translation):
When you enter the website, there is a window modal – you have to fill the checkbox and click the button (it is a confirmation that you are over 18 years old), then you will see the English link on the top left.
- Other websites which I have consulted in Israel: Government Offices (Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Economy, Finance, Culture and Sport, Science Technology and Space), Health Services, Universities and etc.
- My goal is guiding the developers, designers and content editors – how to build and accessible website and mobile app. Also, I am taking digital documents and convert them to be accessible. Thus, people with disabilities (Sight, Hearing, Touch and Cognitive ) can use them as efficiently and fun like others as well if they use assistive technologies for using the general desktop and mobile devices. All this, by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines principles is written by W3C (World Wide Web Consortium). It is a paper about Web Accessibility I wrote and it was published in Respectability journal (US association for people with disabilities.). https://www.respectability.org/2020/01/shabbat-smile-inclusion-in-the-digital-world/
- Oxford Internet Institute conference about "Evaluating web accessibility for people with disabilities in Israel & New Zealand"
Visit Harel’s Website
For sponsorships + brand integrations, collaborations, consultations, speaking opportunities, or interviews, email [email protected]. Business inquiries only.